At any given time healthcare environments are subjected to some of the most chaotic workplace conditions. It’s an environment that moves at a frightening pace, but it is also an environment that is expected to offer comfort to patients in their care. Whether you are a caregiver or a patient, the healthcare environment needs to be flexible enough to meet a wide variety of needs.
Kimball Health recognizes the need for adaptive and robust workplace furniture within a healthcare environment. Kimball offers several products that work together to meet the challenge of a demanding workplace. Here are three of BOLD’s favorite Kimball Healthcare offerings.
Wilder was designed for community spaces. Soft corners, gorgeous wood, and ergonomics all come into play for a warm and sophisticated setting. Wilder is as durable as it is attractive. The entire collection of guest, lounge rocker and bench solutions are able to withstand rigorous daily use.
With a fully upholstered seating surface, Wilder is plush and comfortable. For patient settings, its charm, color, and soft textures invite people to sit and relax. All Wilder pieces can be easily moved and fit together naturally in any arrangement.
The guest seating features an optional side table for personal items, while the rocker offers passive motion to ease anxiety. Also built for durability, this seating family features wall-saver legs, clean-out design, and optional metal leg ferrules.
- Wall-saver legs
- 360° clean-out
- Adjustable glides
- Fully upholstered seat and back
- Optional moisture barrier on seat and back
- Optional metal ferrules on legs provide increased durability
Quality and comfort come together in the Kimball Sycamore Metal offering. Sycamore’s functional design is perfect for the Healthcare environment and includes a convenient clean-out between the seat and back, and ergonomic features to support extended periods of waiting.
A perfect solution for common areas, Sycamore Metal’s small footprint and durable construction make it an easy solution for common areas and waiting spaces. Sycamore Metal is also well suited for exam rooms, private offices, and inpatient rooms. The entire seating collecting features tall, contoured backs, perfectly constructed to allow patients to sit back and relax.
The Sycamore Metal collection features a broad selection of useful pieces including guest, tandem, bariatric and patient seating. This offering can be used in public spaces ranging from lobby, guest and waiting areas. It is also well suited to be used in private areas such as exam rooms and private offices.
Sycamore Metal Features
- Wall-saver design on guest, tandem, bariatric, patient and hip models
- Clean-out between seat and back
- Moisture-barrier available on seat
- Contoured back for comfort
- Durable metal frame finished in platinum metallic
- Adjustable glides
- Arm caps available in 3D laminate, solid surface and polyurethane
- Solid surface option includes EOScu (Cupron Enhanced EOS) Preventive|Biocidal Surfaces™ A copper-oxide infused, solid surface material, EOScu kills >99.9% of harmful bacteria* within two hours of exposure.
- Tandem tables available with platinum metallic legs and tops available in wood, HPL, or solid surface • Optional spill groove available on solid surface top
Planning healthcare environments can be challenging. That’s why Kimball created Alterna. Form literally meets function in this union of sophisticated design and modular adaptability.
Alterna is more than casegoods. It can seamlessly work with multiple offerings in a variety of applications. Modular components are easily installed and can be customized to fit any working healthcare space including breakrooms, conference spaces, and administrative offices. The beautiful thing about Alterna is when needs change, the modular components can easily be removed or reconfigured.
Alterna is dependable throughout the life of the product. High-quality construction means it will stand up to rigorous cleaning and multiple reconfigurations. Cabinets are made with durable laminate finishes and fitted with either high-pressure laminate or solid-surface tops.
The healthcare landscape is evolving rapidly and Alterna from Kimball was designed to adapt.
- Specify for all areas of the facility with a broad offering of standard product models.
- Thanks to simple installation, components are removed, reconfigured and repurposed should needs change.
- Designed to disassemble and reattach, so cabinets aren’t damaged when moved.
- Upper and wall-mount cabinets are engineered to hang from z-brackets, eliminating the need for wall blocking.
- Cabinets deliver fully assembled for quick and easy installation.
- All base and storage cabinets come with adjustable levelers to quickly level on uneven floors.
- Cabinets come in multiple width, depth and height options for easy configuration to specific needs.
- Streamline your project schedule by having modular casework order and deliver with standard furnishings.
- Modular casework can be registered as a capital asset vs. a fixed asset.
- Offering big tax advantages, modular casework is considered furniture which depreciates on a seven year timeline.